Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Thursday Meeting With The School.

Last week was Kindergarten registration week. Evan is only 4 but I went to sign him up because he's my kid and he's REALLY smart...of course he is, his mother's a freakin' genius. lol Ok, I wouldn't go as far as saying that but the real reason I went to sign him up is because his birthday is Aug. 25th. To get into kindergarten your birthday must be at an earlier date in Aug. (can't remember the exact date). I'm not pushing him and I'm sure some of my mommy friends will say that I am but he already knows alot. He can do easy addition (1+1, 3+4), he can recognize his name and wrights his full name...this is all stuff they don't teach until Kindergarten. He will be totally bored in pre-school another year. This year they learned colors and shapes! He knew that two years ago. Every child entering kindergarten has to take the test but Evan will be taking an additional test that will make sure he's ready emotionally. Some kids are fast learners but are still not emotionally ready. He's only taking this extra test d/t his age.
Okay, so back to the test morning. I signed him up on Tuesday morning and made an appointment for Thursday morning for him to test, so that gave me Wednesday to run around like a mad woman trying to get updated shot records, birth certificate and a million other things I had to do on Wednesday. Some things had to be done. I had a parent/teacher conference at the pre-school, Mimi had to be picked up from the vet, I had to go to the bank, the store, pay a bill or two and back to the store. I had to go to the health dept to get the birth certificate...and btw, it's WAY too easy for anyone to walk in there and get a birth certificate. I finally get home and have to leave again to pick Izabella up but then I'm DONE! The next morning DH is home and I have to get everyone ready because our testing appointment is early. So I'm rushing everyone, getting cranky because I shouldn't have to tell DH to get dressed as much as I tell the kids to! So we finally get out the door on time and we're on our way. We walk into the school, kiss Izabella goodbye while she goes to her class and head to the office. We get there, we wait. The secretary finally shows up and says, "Weren't you guys just here." I said, "Yes, the day before yesterday and I haven't stopped since." Then she says, "Did you need something else?" I said that we were hear for Evan's testing and that's when she tells me the testing is NEXT Thursday!

No comments: