Saturday, March 8, 2008

Garlic Bread Disaster

DH picked the kids up from school yesterday. Izabella's had an early dismissal d/t the snow. So he decided to hit Wal-Mart before coming home to pick up a few things. He comes home and the kids can't wait to tell me that I get to do nothing because Daddy and them are going to make me dinner. I bit of dread comes over me at that point. I don't know why but it did. So they make the meal and in the middle of it there is a knock at the door DH answers it, ends up pointing in all different directions while this couple is doing the same. The kids run off to their rooms and I'm suddenly alone thinking, Ok what about the dinner that is cooking? So I go in the kitchen and check on this, finish that....nobody came back. Garlic bread was sitting on the counter so I decided to pop in in the oven. People start appearing again and ask me what I'm doing in the kitchen because they are the ones cooking...yeah, it looks like it. DH and I are in the kitchen talking about a lost dog (which is what all the finger pointing was about). I just get to the part where I hope they find their dog because it's such a horrible night out when I see black smoke start to pour out of the oven. It's the garlic bread! It was black. The one thing that I did burned to a crisp! LOL I heard about it all night.

No comments: