Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Horshoes

I've been trying to figure out the best way to hang horseshoes this morning. Up or down? Old or new? I Googled it and now I'm more confused. If you find one or are given one then the luck goes to the original owner. Even if you hang it in your house. You can't buy one because that doesn't work. It has to be a horseshoe from your horse. My horses don't wear shoes because they don't go on pavement so I will have to shoe one to get some "good" horseshoes.

So many rules.

So do I get more luck if I shoe a regular size horse and less luck if I shoe one of my miniature horses?

I learned that in the US you hang it like a "U" to catch the luck. In other countries you hang it upside down so the luck pours onto you. We have a bunch of upside down horseshoes on our property and I was confused but we bought the property off of a Mexican family so that would explain that.

I learned something new.

No comments: