Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Fascinated With The Buzzards & Never Have My Camera!!

Buzzards are pretty nasty I'm sure we'd all agree. They have a job though and they do it well. It's not a pleasant thing to watch them but I've been dying to get a good picture of them. Not eating their carcass prize but they do this amazing thing where they all (at the same time) spread their wings as far as they can and they all look up to the sky at the same time. It is one of the most beautiful things I've seen (and from such a gross bird!). Since we've raised birds like pheasants, turkey, chickens, chukar, peacocks and we have quail outside right now, I know that all the buzzards are doing when they do this awesome looking pose is drying their wings or cooling off but seeing them all do it at the exact same time is truly amazing. One or two doing it is not that amazing but when you see 10 of them all doing it, some on the ground, some on haystacks and some on fence posts is something to see. And darn it! every time I see it I'm driving and don't have my camera!

No comments: